Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Green Eggs and Ham

I'm starting to think that tenacious rascal, "Sam, I am" might bear some responsibility for the tremendous drug problems of the last two generations. "Sam, I am" is, for small children, the proto-pusher. You think I'm taking it to far? Maybe, but even the guy who created Barbie conceded some responsibility for the proliferation of anorexic and bulimic girls - he gives his royalties to their rehabilitation.

But how do I connect "Sam, I am" to drugs, you ask? Let's face it, those eggs are green. Or maybe it's more a question of "the chicken or the green egg."

By the way, my childhood library was full of Dr. Seuss, and I escaped addiction. But there is that wocket in my pocket.

1 comment:

jt castleton said...

who said i'm not a city mouse? the minute i stepped off the train at penn station i had an impish grin on my face. this city is home