Thursday, February 02, 2006

Honor Your Mother

Still watching submissions for the Native American Film Festival. Tonight I saw:


This is an excellent documentary about environmentalism and environmental racism. It is playing festivals and is being shown on PBS stations nationwide. Find one near you at http://www.katahdin.org/homelandscreenings.htm

Learn more at www.honorearth.org
or www.ienearth.org
how about www.greenpeace.org
or whatever you discover on your own.

What happens to them, happens to you, America.
(Just as I typed that a band of coyotes started yelping and crying in our little glen here in the canyon. I live in LA.)



I sincerely believe that environmental issues are the most significant ones of our time. What we do to where we live is so basic, and it informs and represents the way we treat each other and ourselves.

I dislike stepping up on a soapbox - I like to play, but why are we all sitting on our hands? Why do we persist in what is so destructive to us?

God Bless.

No comments: