Friday, October 28, 2005

The Courage to Heel

People have got to stop telling me that I must stay away from my recent ex. I'll bloody well see him if I want to, and I don't see how exiling someone gets them out of your heart. It sure as hell doesn't make you a better person to abandon your friendship just because your romance is terminated. He broke no promises, and he didn't fuck my best friend. I'm neither abusing myself by seeing him occasionally, nor am I preventing myself from healing, nor prolonging an addiction (thanks, by the way, to the friend who likened it to quiting smoking - you're right - human interaction is just so much like cigarettes). I enjoy seeing him, and I was very good and didn't try to get him into bed even once. Not even when his boxers slipped and his wee bum crack smiled at me a bit, and he blushed from a touch of embarassment. What do you expect from a skinny Brit? He actually blushes. It's painfully endearing.

Anyway, just because I think he's wrong and maybe even slightly retarded not to want to pursue a commitment with me, doesn't make him a bad person. It's his choice of automobiles that makes him a bad person.

No comments: