Saturday, May 05, 2007

Requiem for a Blogger


or, "Why I no longer write."

For the last week, I have been fighting a pernicious head cold/flu bug. Today, I received a gracious email from a friend asking me if I was feeling better. Better? Yes, but not "well."

What is it like, you ask?

Remember that scene in "Sleeper," when Woody Allen, posing as a robotic butler, tries to make a meal and ends up battling an ever-expanding pudding with a broom? That is what is going on in the sinus cavities in my head, rendering me practically incapable of stringing two related words together. Just ask anyone who has tried to communicate with me in the last several days. I'm just grateful not to have slept over at my man's place the night I sneezed in my sleep and dislodged and jettisoned my frontal lobe.

Talk about soft in the head.

7 comments:

Citizen H said...

Want to clear your sinuses out in short order? Chug a bottle of Tabasco. It'll open up your nasal passages, but unfortunately it will also fry your taste buds for the immediate future. Bear in mind, when I feel congested it doesn't seem to be a bad trade-off.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

GrizzBabe said...

Hope you feel better soon. I know how a cold can drain you and suck all creativity out but you did a pretty good job of stringing words together in this post.

bulletholes said...

A coupla weeks ago I went to bed with a hunk of wheatberry crunch Bread and Peanut Butter stuck up in my Sinuses... the next morning in the shower it came out and man was that a relief. The bread was'nt sdo dab but man...that peanut butter was rough...I'll never get chunky again.
If it ever happens again, I'm going straight to the Shower.
Hope this makes you feel better.

Mother of Invention said...

I had forgotten about that movie! Perfect analogy. I loved Bananas too!

Get better.

Moderator said...

I saw that movie again last week. It is one of my all time favorites. Although I'd say "Take the Money and Run" is funnier.

Unknown said...

sounds like its time for some claritin women!

Anonymous said...

Crystal meth would probably help, that is until you explode in a terrible trailerhome lab explosion ala Mickey Rourke. Hang in Kissyface. You're funny and if there's one thing the world needs, it's that.