Kirk Cameron has found God and would like you to join him.
Now, I am not a Christian basher, so please don't misunderstand, but poor reasoning and absurd illustration is just plain funny. In this video, you will learn:
- That studying Evolution in school made Kirk an Atheist
- Despite the common belief that Atheism = Intellectualism, it really is the exact opposite
- The Origin of the Soda Can (1:36 ish)
- Why the Banana is The Atheist's Nightmare. (3:34)
- The Intelligent design of the banana, which was intentionally built to fit the ridges of your hand (LOVING the demo on that one).
(Recommended viewing time on this one is 1:36 > 4:40 - click on the post title)
What I can never quite understand is how the ideas of Creationism and Evolution are mutually exclusive. I guess you have to throw out the Garden story, for one, unless you're willing to retain your faith and yet still read the Bible as metaphor. But seriously, could there really not be a creative deity who set a grand equation/master plan/formula in motion, and let it unfold? And why is anyone so arrogant as to think that a ubiquitous and omnipotent being didn't cook up a recipe that exceeds our current powers of comprehension? I'm sure our current understanding of Evolutionary Theory is faulty and, well, is still 'evolving,' but the creationist model seems awfully elementary to me. Sorry guys.
And by the way, Rev. Comfort, I read in that some primates peel the banana from the end opposite of the stem, because it is easier to pull open.